Makes 20 cookies
110g unsalted butter
160g light soft brown sugar
80g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 medium egg
200g plain flour
¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
250g dark chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
1. Weigh the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt then sift into a bowl then place aside.
2. Weigh the chocolate and add to the dry ingredients then place aside.
3. Place the butter in a bowl and melt in the microwave.
4. Add the sugars and vanilla to the melted butter and whisk together until smooth.
5. Add the egg and whisk in until smooth.
6. Add the chocolate/dry ingredients to the bowl and mix carefully together with a spoon.
7. Scrape the mixture onto a paper-lined tray then cling film and chill for 1 hour.
8. Scale into 40g balls and place on trays 5 per tray (freeze the rest raw for another day)
9. Press each cookie to a width of about 4cm then chill the trays for 30 minutes.
10. Bake at 170°C for 10-12 minutes, depending on how chewy you like your cookies.
11. Leave to cool on the tray for 15 minutes then serve (do not over-cook or they dry out).
This month I have written out my recipe for American chocolate chip cookies. These would make a lovely treat for father’s day so why not sneakily make the dough and bake them on the day for a lovely treat. They are easy to make and getting the ingredients should be quite easy.