Surrey County County (SCC) has opened the nominations for its Stars in Surrey awards for a second year, following its launch in 2022.
Residents of the county are encouraged to nominate people who have ‘demonstrated exceptional dedication, commitment and service to the benefit of Surrey – including council staff, partners and community heroes’. The five categories are:
- Team Award for Outstanding Customer Service
- Championing Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Award
- Greener Future Champion Award (Enabling a Greener Future)
- Frontline Worker of the Year (No One Left Behind)
- The Make It Happen Community Hero Award (Empowering Communities)
Last year, Irina Garmash Creeger won the Make It Happen Award for her work as the founder of Ukraine UK Unity. She said:
“Although the award was given to me as an individual, I wanted to share it with my team. It recognises the vital role that community groups play in helping people, spreading kindness, compassion, help and knowledge.”
Tim Oliver is the leader of SCC:
“Everybody knows a local hero, and we want to hear about the amazing things they do in our county, so please nominate your heroes this year and help us celebrate the incredible people who help make Surrey such a wonderful place.”
You can nominate somebody using the online form here. The closing date for applications is Friday, 28 July at 17:00.