With the current cost of living crisis forcing some people to choose between hot meals and heating their homes this winter, a network of Warm Hubs has opened across the district.
Each hub provides a place to escape the cold and socialise with others. Many venues will also offer hot drinks and light refreshments (these may not be free), and there will also be an opportunity to get free energy saving advice.
The Warm Hubs currently available in Tandridge are:
- The Barley Mow, Tandridge Lane
- Caterham Valley Library
- Claridge House Retreat Centre, Dormansland
- Dormansland Baptist Church
- Dormansland War Memorial Hall
- Hurst Green Community Centre
- Lingfield and Dormansland Community Centre
- Oxted Library
- St Agatha’s Hall, Hurst Green
- St Bernard Catholic Church, Lingfield
- St John the Evangelist Church, Dormansland
- St Peter and St Paul Church, Lingfield
- Victoria Sports Social Club, Lingfield
- Warlingham Community Library
- The Westway Centre
Each venue will have different opening times, so please check before visiting.
Find more details about each Warm Hub (including the facilities available, which often includes free WiFi) at Tandridge District Council's website. Other places may be added at a later date, so remember to check the list regularly.