11-year-old River-Blue is an aspiring chef. Each month, he will be sharing one of his own original recipes.
Goan chicken curry (serves 5)
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsps of chopped tomato
- 3 tbsps of korma spice paste
- 2 green chillies
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Firstly, we are going to fry the cumin seeds in a frying pan for around 1 minute
- After that, add in your sunflower oil
- Then add the onions and stir. Once they are golden brown, add the garlic and stir
- Now add the chicken and stir until brown
- Once the chicken is brown, add the tomato
- Then stir in your korma spice paste
- After frying for a couple of minutes, add some hot water so it covers the chicken and put the lid on
- After simmering for 10 minutes, add the chillies and simmer for another 10 minutes
- Once the chicken is done, take it off the heat and add your coriander leaves
- Squeeze in your lemon juice, give it a stir and it’ll be ready to serve!!!
Try out more of River's recipes here, and find him on YouTube: search RiversKitchen.