11-year-old River-Blue is an aspiring chef. Each month, he will be sharing one of his own original recipes.
Pasta carbonara (serves 5)
- 280g pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300g pancetta or smoked lardons
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 20g chopped parsley
- 100g parmesan
- 3 egg yolks, mixed with 80ml double cream and 20ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Put your pasta in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil
2. Once your pasta is cooking, you need to start working on the actual carbonara, so add some olive oil to a pan and heat it up. Then add your pancetta/lardons and stir for around 30 seconds
3. Now add your cherry tomatoes and cook those for a further 2 to 3 minutes
4. Once your tomatoes are cooked, add your garlic and continue to stir for 2 minutes
5. Now add the parsley
6. Then take it off the heat and stir in your parmesan
7. Drain your pasta and put it in the pan with your carbonara
8. Add the egg mixture, mix well and your pasta carbonara is ready!
If you try making River's recipe, send us a photo – we'd love to see how you get on!