This month, award-winning pastry chef Tim Fisher brings us his recipe for gluten-free chocolate mousse cake – the perfect way to round off a festive meal!
"This is a simple but beautiful chocolate cake: it's gooey and chocolatey, but with zero flour. It is a test bake for my gluten-free recipe book. If you would like to try some recipes please contact me."
(Makes one 20cm cake)
300g 70% chocolate
140g unsalted butter
5 medium eggs
100g caster sugar
- Line a 20cm springform tin or cake ring with parchment paper and place aside.
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (non-fan oven 180°C).
- Place the chocolate and butter into a bowl suitable for the microwave.
- Melt on medium high, in 30-second bursts, then place aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl for a stand mixer and whisk on high speed.
- When well risen, gradually add the sugar and whisk until four times the original volume.
- Add the melted warm chocolate and butter mixture.
- Fold gently together until well combined.
- Pour the contents into the cake tin/ring and gently spread level.
- Place the tin into the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes, or until the cake is well risen and the crust dry, but is still soft in the centre.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for at least 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cake from the tin.
- Store in the fridge but bring to room temperature to serve.
My new book, Tim’s Pastry Club Christmas, is out now. The next one, Chocolates & Truffles is out soon!