By Tim Fisher (Tim's Pastry Club)
100g unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
85g light brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 140°C.
- Line a rectangle cake tin with parchment paper and put to one side.
- Place the butter into a large pan and melt over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, put the oats, coconut and salt into a bowl and place aside.
- Add the sugar and honey to the butter.
- Stir together until completely dissolved, then add the vanilla extract.
- Add the oats, salt and coconut in about 4 batches, stirring in well each time.
- Take off the heat and continue to stir, until the mixture is completely coated.
- Scrape the mixture into your cake tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes with a metal spoon.
- When the granola is evenly golden, remove from the oven and leave aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the raisins and mix in well, then leave to cool completely.
- Break up your mixture into rough pieces and store in an airtight container. Eat within one month!
Award-winning chef Tim has pastry classes available to book online at Tim's Pastry Club.
Tim has five books on Amazon, with two new books (Tim’s Pastry Club Christmas and Chocolates & Truffles) coming very soon. Please check his website for details.