The Caterham Independent, in partnership with The Festival Theatre at Hever Castle, presents:
The Caterham Independent History Writing Competition 2021
After the success of last year's Festive Writing Competition (won by the fabulous Akash, from Oakhyrst Grange School), we are excited to announce the launch of our new competition.
Open to children in years 3 to 6 in Tandridge District, Kenley and Old Coulsdon primary schools, we're looking for any type of creative writing (stories, poems, interviews or reports etc) on a history theme – the more imaginative the better! The prize is a family ticket to the evening performance of Horrible Histories Live on Stage on Thursday 12 August 2021.
Not only that, but the winner will get to review the show, and see it in print in our September edition, as well as on our website, and across our social media platforms!
So, if you have a budding writing or journalist in your family, please get in touch with their school to see if they will be entering this year. If not, children from the schools mentioned above are welcome to enter independently. Please see the terms and conditions below for more details.
If you have any questions, please contact us
Caterham Independent History Writing Competition terms and conditions
- All entrants must be in years 3 to 6 at a school within Tandridge District, or in Kenley/Old Coulsdon
- Any form of creative writing (story, poem, report, interview etc.) with a history theme will be accepted
- Each entry must be 400 words maximum
- One entry per child
- Please include the child's name, age, school and year group
- Please submit entries to email@example.com, or The Caterham Independent, Soper Hall, Harestone Valley Road, Caterham CR3 6HY, by 9 July 2021
- The winner will receive a family ticket to the 7.30pm performance of Horrible Histories Live on Stage at the Hever Festival Theatre at Hever Castle, on Thursday 12 August
- The winner will also have the chance to write a review of the show, which we will print in our September edition, publish on our website and feature across our social media