130g unsalted butter
200g clear honey
100g soft light brown sugar
3 medium eggs
3 tsp whole milk
225g plain flour
Pinch of salt
2 tsp baking powder
70g flaked almonds
120g honey to brush over
1. Line a 30cm x 20cm brownie tin with parchment paper and place aside.
2. Weigh the flour, baking powder and salt sift onto parchment.
3. Melt the butter in a large bowl then add the honey and brown sugar.
4. Stir together until smooth and the sugar has dissolved.
5. Whisk in the milk then the eggs one at a time.
6. Add the dry ingredients & mix in with a maris or spatula.
7. When the batter is smooth & lump free scrape into the tin.
8. Sprinkle the flaked almonds evenly over the cake.
9. Bake at 180°c for 20-25 minutes until golden and springy.
10. Meanwhile boil the honey in a small bowl in the microwave.
11. Remove the tin from the oven and brush with the 120g of honey.
12. Leave to cool in the tin for 1 hour.
13. Remove from the tin and place into an airtight container.
14. To serve remove the edges and cut in 16 pieces 4 x 4.