There is one question I have been asked many times over the past few weeks. And that question is;
“My job has gone. My industry has gone. How do I look for a new job role which suits me?”.
Many people are in this position. Retail, hospitality, and entertainment, (to name three), are going to take a long time to get back to some sort of normal. If you worked in these industries (or others) you are probably feeling a bit lost right now? Stuck as to what happens next? Well now is the time to take stock and plan a different career path.
Below is something I use when helping people discover themselves and start exploring other opportunities.
1) List ALL the skills, achievements, and successes you have had both professionally and personally. You will be surprised just how many you have. Take your time writing them down and revisit the list over a couple of days. You will remember things to add as you think.
2) What did you dream of doing as a young person? Becoming a professional footballer or a model may be some way off now, but what else? What aspirations did you have?
3) What are your personal/ professional values? List them.
4) What do you enjoy doing more than anything else?
5) What hobbies do you have?
Spend time reviewing the lists. Put them all together. Discuss with a friend or loved one if you can. Use your lists to highlight all your unique skills and aspirations. What job could you do? What industry would you fit into? What industry excites you?
Once you have decided on your next role you should rewrite your CV. Highlighting your key skills is essential in ensuring you meet the expectations and the attention of a potential new employer.
If you need support developing your plan or help putting a CV together call or email me to arrange a free 30min no obligation chat. I am here to help you get back on track. Telephone 02086178111