70g Egg White (2 medium egg whites)
140g Caster Sugar
15g Warm Water
¼ tsp White Wine Vinegar
2 tsp Cornflour
200g Double Cream
30g Caster Sugar
Few Drops Vanilla Extract
Fruit to decorate
25g Caster Sugar
Squeeze of Lemon Juice
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place aside.
2. Place the egg white into a very clean bowl.
3. Add about 20g of the 140g sugar to the egg whites.
4. Whisk on high speed with the hand held electric whisk.
5. When the egg white is well risen, gradually add the remaining sugar.
6. Whisk until thick and glossy.
7. Mix the vinegar with the warm water and add to the meringue.
8. Whisk for a further 5 minutes.
9. Add the cornflour and whisk for a further minute.
10. Pipe or spoon 8 bulbs onto the tray.
11. Bake for 50-60 minutes in an oven at 130°C opening the doors occasionally.
12. When dry to the touch and lightly golden brown, remove from the oven.
13. Leave to cool on the trays, place into an airtight box & reserve until required.
14. Place the double cream with the vanilla and 25g of caster sugar in a bowl.
15. Whisk to stiff peaks.
16. Break the crust of the Pavlovas with a spoon.
17. Pipe the crème Chantilly into the cavity.
18. Decorate with fruits.
19. Place the Pavlovas onto dessert plates.
20. Pour fruit sauces over the Pavlovas and serve.